Thursday, April 16, 2009

Site launch and updates

Well the new SML site has been up for about 3 weeks now and things are going pretty well. Most of the new URL's are not indexed by google and performing decently in search results. This transition period has been somewhat hard because our search results took such a beating (admittatly more than I exspected) but I am very happy with the transition process as a whole. We are getting rave reviews on the new site from friends, family, and customers. The bounce rate for the site was cut in half (actually more than in half!) this was very very exciting, espcially from the personal standpoint of people really likeing the design that I created (or appearing to anyway lol) All and all we have added 2 resorts on Lake Taneycomo, and 1 resort on Truman Lake to go with the resorts we already had on Bull Shoals Lake so that is great. All and all I would like it to be mooving faster however that is life, and once I graduate I will be able to devote much more time to the project as a whole so I anticapate (scratch that, I exspect and will get) many more resorts on the site and really get some publicity for the site as well.

No comments: